Thursday, October 18, 2012

Time Fcuk

I would argue that Time Fcuk isn't super flat on the basis that a majority of the tropes on the list didn't register to me as I was playing. Instead I was focusing on what the game was trying to say through its time-travel narrative. While time-travel itself has become a trope, Time Fcuk focuses on building up the idea and trying to say something. The deeper meaning may not have been the intent, but because it registered in my head that the game was trying to say something merits a significance that transcends the super flat. One of the tropes that were in the game was Slipping Sanity, but I feel like it was used to show the conundrum of two selves confronting each other. After grasping the concept of Superflat more, I have to take back a previous statement in a blog posting: Superflat has definitely made its way into the West. When you find yourself excited for something without realizing why you're excited for it because of the marketing, that would be Superflat using ideas you're familiar with to incite a previous response.

No comments:

Post a Comment